Site NavigationTo send a message to the entire BLN community, email here.
To join the BLN listerv, click here.
- CaCL (Cognitive and Computational Approaches to Linguistics) - The focus in CaCL is on reading, discussing and presenting research at the intersection of computational and cognitive approaches to linguistics, including the application of information theoretic and Bayesian approaches to the analysis of language patterns.”
- Computational Linguistics Home Page: Research projects, computational resources, other points of interest.
- Speech and Language Technologies (SLaTe) - The goal of the CSE SLaTe Lab is to build software that allows humans and machines to interact using natural language.
- Clippers - The computational linguistics discussion group.
- Language, Education, and Society
Historical Linguistics and Sociolinguistics
- Changelings - Forum for discussion of issues related to historical linguistics and sociolinguistics.
- Historical Linguistics - Historical Linguistics, encompassing both the study of the ways languages change over time and the development and application of methods to analyze and explain observed and reconstructed changes, is well-represented at The Ohio State University.
- Sociolinguistics - The strengths of the sociolinguistics program at The Ohio State include a strong teaching and research program in variationist sociolinguistics, sociophonetics, (morpho-) syntactic variation and change, contact linguistics and creole linguistics.
- Lacqueys - This interdisciplinary group includes faculty and students from many departments who are interested in language acquisition. We present work in progress, discuss new literature, brainstorm about new directions, and entertain visitors who work on language acquisition.
- Developmental Language and Cognition Lab - We study how children learn language, and how children’s early language development is connected to their early conceptual development.
- The Paidologos Project - A cross-language investigation of phonological development.
- Perception & Neurodynamics Lab - This lab conducts research on developing effective algorithms for solving real-world problems related to machine perception as well as understanding neurocomputational mechanisms underlying perceptual processes.
- Language Perception Lab - Research laboratory focusing on spoken word recognition and mathematical modeling.
Phonetics & Phonology
- OSU Linguistics Labs homepage. Students and faculty, publications, ongoing research, etc.
- Phonies - The Phonetics/Phonology discussion group has regular meetings each quarter.
- Pragmatics Initiative - This interdisciplinary group includes faculty and students who work in the disciplines of Artificial Intelligence, Linguistics, Philosophy, and Psychology. We present work in progress, discuss new literature, and entertain visitors who work on pragmatics and the semantics-pragmatics interface in all the relevant disciplines.
- Psycholinguistics Lab Group - The psycholinguistics lab group meets weekly to discuss ongoing research inside and outside the lab, empirical issues, and administrative and technical issues in the laboratory.
- A Cognition and Language Lab
- Spanish Psycholinguistics Lab - Our focus here is on the growth of language in both typically-developing and atypically-developing Spanish-speaking children.
- Slavic Linguistics Forum - This group meets weekly to discuss ongoing research and current issues in Slavic linguistics and related areas
- Speech Perception and Acoustics Lab - The labs are part of the Department of Speech and Hearing Science located on West Campus of The Ohio State University. SPA Labs personnel are engaged in basic and clinical research in speech communication.
- Synners - This group meets weekly to discuss ongoing research and current issues in syntax and related areas.